Reading Center (K-5)
A fictional library space to provide students with selections to enhance their reading skills. Students participate in the Accelerated Reader program and Sunshine State Reading Competitions.
Parents and grandparents are invited to volunteer and assist in the space to help shelve books and provide support to the teachers.
Reading Teacher: Juanita Rosa
Phone: 407-855-4660 ext. 237
Sunshine State books 2017 – 2018
Grade 6 – 8 Sunshine State Reading list
Usernames and Passwords are the same as AR
Check out reviews of books, movies, games, and websites to determine the appropriateness for children:
Common Sense Media
- Grades K and 1 may check out one book at a time. The emphasis at this time is learning responsibility.
- Grades 2 through 5 may have a total of two books at one time, with unlimited renewals unless there is a waiting list for the book.
- Parents may check books for their children upon registering with the Reading Center. Parents may come in to check out books Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 2:50 – 3:15.
- The loan period for books is two weeks. Late books will accrue a five cent fine per day.
- Students may not check out books until overdue books have been returned and fines settled.
All students in elementary school are encouraged and welcome to visit the Reading Center during school hours at their teacher’s discretion.