History of St. John Vianney School
On January 25, 1962, St. John Vianney Catholic School opened with grades 1-4 under the leadership of Mrs. Marie Zinell and three lay women. On August 24, 1963, the school moved into a new phase of its development under the leadership of the Sisters of St. Francis of Philadelphia. For forty years the school has undergone many changes to meet the spiritual and academic needs of its students in an ever changing world.
St. John Vianney Catholic School has grown from a four-room school to a twenty-one-room building with an expansive campus, which we share with St. John Vianney Parish. The school has reached its maximum enrollment with seven hundred students.
St. John Vianney Catholic School is accredited by the Florida Catholic Conference and is recognized by the Florida State Department of Education. All teachers are certified by the Florida State Department of Education. Our curriculum exemplifies the best teaching practices, which allow us to Educate the Mind and Expand the Heart of each student!
Bishop John Noonan and Superintendent Henry Fortier presented Sr. Elizabeth
The Blessed Mother Teresa Award for St. John Vianney School’s monthly commitment and service to the Gingerbread House at Give Kids the World for the past 11 years. The school also received a plaque and a $1250 check to be donated to a charity of choice.
The Blessed Mother Teresa Award is given to one elementary school and one high school in the Diocese of Orlando each year who have a group of individuals that exemplify Catholic identity in schools via service projects. The title of the award is derived from the contemporary faith model of Blessed Mother Teresa in her service to the lonely, forgotten, poor and marginalized.